HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting is for child care educators, vacation care staff, OOSH (before and after school care), teachers and anyone working in the child care setting.
This course is a skill set combination course designed for child care workers.
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults.
The unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. This unit of competency will contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulation (2011).
This unit of competency has been approved by ACECQA and meets the requirements of “First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis”.
$170 (HLTAID004 Includes First Aid, CPR and Asthma and Anaphylatic Training)
Dee Why RSL
Private courses are available also usually 7 hours within your own Childcare facility at a time that suits you. Discounts offered for groups. Online workbook must still be completed.
Accreditation is conducted under the auspices and in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd, Registered Training Organisation number 90909 and ABN 63 114 756 857.
1. Book Online or email / phone to organise a group booking for your employees.
2. Complete online workbook (prior to course date). If you are completing the online workbook you must have a green tick next to each topic showing you have completed 100% of the workbook. It is important that you print off the final certificate page and bring it to the course you are attending. Evidence of completed workbooks is a pre-requiste in receiving accreditation.
3. 6.5hours face-to-face practical training and instruction. This includes attendance at all sessions, observation and practical on-going assessment, participating in problem solving scenarios and on-going information and questioning. The class will also refresh the topics covered in the workbooks and dispel myths and reinforce best practice emergency care.
What you need to bring:
- Completed Workbook Certificate.
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Form of identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo I.D. Card, Student card).
What you will receive on successful completion of the course:
NOTE : We also now offer faster turn around times of you certificates with certificate being emailed to you as soon as they are processed.