Manly Beach, Sydney, NSW.
The famous Manly Beach, on the beautiful Northern Beaches, Sydney, is a mecca for tourists and locals alike. Manly has it all; the bustling Corso with its great shopping and entertainment, North Head with its famous bush tracks and history, friendly locals, heaps of Brazilians and English :), The Stein Hotel, The Ivanhoe Hotel and the famous Manly Beach with its beautiful golden sand and fantastic surf.
Although it is still winter it is important to be prepared for the summer months. Come along to one of Simple Instructions training courses and get yourself accredited in First Aid or CPR so you know what to do in case of an emergency situation. Simple Instructions Apply First Aid (formerly called Senior First aid) and Perform CPR training courses are relevant to the Northern Beaches making learning interesting with scenarios that relate to you.
Here are some tips to keep you and your family safe at the beach.
- Children should always be supervised.
- Identify hazards; waves, rips, sharks, bluebottles, stingers and of course, sunburn.
- SWIM BETWEEN THE FLAGS!
- Beware of sand bars.
- If in a rip swim parallel to the beach – DON”T PANIC!
- Sunburn – SLIP, SLOP, SLAP.
- Look for signage and dangers – blue bottles, rips, stingers – use your common sense. If you don’t want to be stung or the surf is dangerous don’t enter the water. Remember hot water for blue bottles is recommended (cold is ok) see lifeguards for Stingoes or more information.
- Swim together.
These are just some of the important tips for you to follow. Please get yourself accredited with a Apply First Aid certificate (formerly Senior First Aid) or a Perform CPR certificate by sitting one of Simple Instruction’s training courses held at The Brookvale Hotel (near Brookvale oval). Courses are conducted fortnightly throughout July, August and September. Contact Ian on 0411 557 405 or by emailing [email protected].
If you would like more information on Manly please visit: