First Aid at home – First Aid Courses – Northern Beaches.
First aid at home
Dr Andrew Rochford joins TODAY with advice on how to become better equipped in dealing with accidents at home.
To view the webpage: http://today.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=1010419
Just about everybody will need access to a first aid kit at one point, so, the key to optimal safety is preparation.
- Always have a well-stocked first aid kit handy and be sure to keep it within easy reach.
- Ensuring that all items are gathered ahead of time will allow you to handle the emergency at hand more efficiently.
- First aid kits vary. What your home needs all depends on your medical training and how far you are from professional help.
- You should have a kit in your kitchen, in your car and always have one handy when you’re on vacation.
- The kitchen is often the heart of your house – where most activities take place. Unlike the bathroom, the kitchen doesn’t have too much humidity, which can actually shorten the life of many items.
- The kit that lives in your car should have similar contents to that of your home first air kit.
- Your travel kit should be kept in your suitcase, or backpack depending on your activity. Again, it needs to be easily accessible.
To purchase First Aid Kits from a local Northern Beaches Business take a look at www.saltwaterfirstaid.com . These First Aid kits are ideal for surfers, backpackers or anyone who is active and constantly on the go. Great to keep in your car or to give as a present to a friend or family member in the case of an emergency.
If you would like to book into an Apply First Aid course or a Perform CPR course with Simple Instruction. Please contact Ian on 0411557705 or by emailing [email protected] . Stay safe!