HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
If you are completing the TAFE Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care then this is the ideal course for you. This is conducted locally on the Northern Beaches of Sydney, however, we do come to your Child Care Centre for private courses.
The HLTAID004 unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults.
The HLTAID004 unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. This unit of competency will contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulation (2011).
This HLTAID004 unit of competency has been approved by ACECQA and meets the requirements of “First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis”.
You will learn about:
- Legal Issues and Infection control
- DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma
Belrose, Narraweena, Frenchs Forest, Narrabeen, Manly, CBD, Brookvale, Cromer, Dee Why, Avalon, Pittwater, Mona Vale, Warringah, Curl Curl, Allambie, Balgowlah, Long Reef, QueensCliff.